Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Update #11 - Recovery

I was able to see my beautiful wife!  Her kidney function is already improving!  Her creatnine level was already down to 2.7 (from a high of 3.7 two weeks ago).  The Doc said that below 1.4 would be considered normal, so 2.7 is absolutely outstanding. 

Unfortunately, Karen said she is in a lot of pain.  "The worst I've ever felt."  But before she went in for surgery, the only thing she was worried about was nausea.  Guess what?  No nausea!  She is VERY happy about that.  I told her everyone knew she made it through the surgery.  She said, "Tell my friends and family I love them." 

For those that already tried to send flowers, cancel the order!  Or at least put it on hold.  The nurse said she can't have ANY balloons or flowers yet.  Maybe in a couple days.  It's surprising.  Do they assume that I'm cleaner than a balloon?  How much bacteria can a balloon really pick up anyway? 

When Karen's ready to talk (probably some time tomorrow) I'll put the word out.  Till then, don't be afraid to give me a call if you're hankering for an update.  801-660-7661.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear all is well. Please give Karen our hugs and kisses. We have been following in your journaling and think you might have a future career. Can you send us the best address to get a package to Karen, no flowers, just fun stuff? Thanks and give Karen our best from Minnesota. Lisa, Marc and Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. No nausea is good news. Wait, that's not quite how the saying goes...but anyway. The balloon thing, I'll bet, is because of static electricity--they can pick up dust and bacteria. Karen, I know you'll feel better soon. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad!Cory and I have been refreshing the page waiting to hear that all is going well! Thanks for taking the time to update all of us! Tell Karen we are thinking of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great about the lack of nausea. Boo on the pain. No, Boucher, you are not cleaner than a balloon. Will be monitoring the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Glad to hear the surgery went well. We wish her a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete