Monday, February 28, 2011

Karen - Update #3 - Going home?

Getting ready to go in bright and early for my next post op visit. We will be hoping for the ok to head back home after our appointment. We are also hoping that they will finally take my drain out! The drain is extremely annoying, so this is a big priority for me tomorrow! I mean REALLY.....who wants to walk around with a drainage tube attached to their side?! So, hopefully I will get to sleep in my own bed tomorrow night and hug my two awesome kiddos!!

On a different note, my Mom is doing amazing! She still has some pain around the incision when she has to go from sitting to standing, but overall she is just incredible! She will continue to stay in the LA area until the docs give her the go, which should happen on March 4th. After she is released, she will head out to Edwards with my Grandma Thompson and my Aunt Ginger.

Thanks to Meredith Kipp and Kelly Howard for the wonderful bag you brought before I left for the hospital. It has come in very handy. I wanted you to know that I have been using the journal to keep track of everything I eat and how I feel as I am adjusting to all of my meds. It has been a perfect tool post transplant! I also wear the beautiful bag to distract attention from my ugly drain! ;)

10A spouses - Thanks so much for the fruit basket! So absolutely yummy! The chocolate covered strawberries were gone in a flash!! You girls are awesome!

Oh yeah, maybe you were wondering why I wrote this blog update and not Bob. Well, I think he has just exhausted himself and is happily snoring by my side :) He certainly deserves it!!

Wishing you all well! - Karen

1 comment:

  1. Miss you allready!! Grandma, Ginger and David playing cards upstairs. Makes it easier with them all here at the same hotel. Yes Karen the strawverries with chocolate were great, thanks!!
    We had lunch today down in Beverly Hills, than walked a bit. I know my limit so I know when to say lets go to the car. Im sore but doing awesome! Yea, WE DID IT!!!!! Seems still like a dream!! Love Ya! MOM

    ReplyDelete