Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Update #19 - Still in Surgery - & Ode to Karen's Surgeon

Barbara is currently in surgery.  Please continue to pray for her.  We should receive an update soon. 

I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a bit about Karen’s doctors, specifically her transplant surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Veale.

Where do I begin…I cannot possibly say enough about this man.  Dr. Veale brought SO MUCH comfort to Karen and I throughout the entire process.  When Karen felt anxious about the surgery, he put us at ease in the first five seconds of seeing him.  I cannot stress enough the comfort he brought into the room with him.  If there were questions in our mind, they were erased when he spoke.  Our confidence in him was, and is, immeasurable.  Not only was his “bedside manner” top-notch, but his credibility is off the chart.  A two minute conversation with him reveals there is no better person to perform a kidney transplant on Karen than Dr. Jeffrey Veale. 

A fantastic article which sums up his importance in our lives, and in the lives of countless others…please, please, please check out the following article:


More details on the kidney exchange program, note that all five videos include our hero:


With Karen in the care of another doctor…I would have been a basket case. 

An angel, a world-class surgeon, a rock star.  There’s so much more I’d like to tell you about Dr. Veale, but I’ll leave it at that for now.

Cheers,

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment