Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update #10 - New KIDNEY!!!!!!

That's it!  The kidney is in and working!  I just spoke to the Doc.  He said everything went great.  The kidney is on her left side, he only had to make the one incision (he decided to go straight to the left side).  He said as soon as he hooked up the ureter to the bladder (I think that's how it gets hooked up, but a lot of info came at me pretty quick), it started making urine.  It's working!

I can't wait to tell you all about Karen's surgeon.  For now, all you need to know is his name is Dr. Veale, and he is an angel.  More to follow on him in the next couple days.

God has provided, as we knew he would.  Karen and I deeply appreciate all the prayers.

I hope to see Karen in a couple of hours.  She should be walking tomorrow!  I will update with room number, expected recovery timeline, etc early tomorrow.

Sleep well.

Love you all!

-Bob

3 comments:

  1. WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Praise the Lord! So happy to read this as I just got your previous email and then checked the blog and who knew 1 minute later I would see this awesome post! Great news! Please send her our love! You are an awesome husband, best friend and father Bob - keep up the strength and good work, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I've been following your blog all day & am so thankful to hear she is okay and the Kidney is working! Will be looking forward to reading more about your "angel"...We'll continue to pray for her recovery & her mom's surgery as well!

    Love,
    The Whiteners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,
    Great news. We are so happy for Karen, you and the children. Giver her a big hug from us>>>

    Joyce and Tracy Crocker

    ReplyDelete